Safely and Responsibly Dispose of Unwanted Medication
Visit www.takebackyourmeds.org to find a medication disposal site near you and learn about safe medication disposal.
Poisoning Prevention for Older Adults
The WA Poison Center has a webpage targeted to older adults with information on medication safety.
Keep Your Child Safe Around Medicine
- Consumer Reports states laundry detergent pods are too dangerous to recommend
- Keeping Families Safe Around Medicine, from Safe Kids
- Grandparents play an important role in keeping kids safe around medicine
- Keep medication Up and Away and Out of Sight to protect young children from accidental overdose.
Poisoning Prevention Resources
- Not for Kids warning symbol for edible marijuana products
- Learn about marijuana website from University of WA Alcohol and Drug Abuse Institute.
- Talk to your kids about marijuana
- The 911 Good Samaritan Drug Overdose Law provides protection from prosecution for a person acting in good faith who seeks medical assistance for someone experiencing a drug-related overdose.
- Opioid treatment center locations
- Interactive map showing drug overdose death data by state.
- WA Poison Center Alert for Carfentanil, a potent synthetic opioid.
- Stop Overdose website
- For First Responders
- Fact Sheets and Prevention Resources from the Drug Enforcement Administration
- Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention
- Prescription Monitoring Program
- Opioid Misuse and Overdose Prevention
- CDC Guidelines for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain
- WA State Inter-agency Opioid Working Plan
- Start Talking Now
- Drug Free America Foundation
- Opioids - understanding the epidemic
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration website