WA State Suicide Prevention Plan
WA State Suicide Prevention Plan from WA State Dept of Health.
Restrict Access to Lethal Means
- One of the most effective ways to prevent suicide is to restrict access to lethal means for those at risk. Safer Homes.
- The Lok It Up program promotes safe storage of firearms.
Suicide Prevention Resources for healthcare providers
Suicide Prevention Resources
- 2018 Suicide Facts
- Suicide Prevention for First Responders
- Crisis Clinic of Thurston and Mason Counties is available 24 hours a day 360-586-2800
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 800-273-TALK (800-273-8255)
- Suicide prevention in WA State
- What WA State Dept of Health is doing about suicide prevention
- Suicide prevention Events and Training
- WA State Suicide Fact Sheet
- How to talk to a friend who may be considering suicide
- How to talk to a young person who may be thinking about suicide
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- The National Institute on Mental Health offers a wealth of information
- Suicide in America - Frequently asked Questions
- US Military Matters
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Suicide prevention works. Prevention Success Stories
- Resources from the CDC