Injury Prevention And Public Education
Promote programs and activities that reduce preventable injuries, disability and premature death due to trauma.
2018-19 wrems prevention grants
WREMS Prevention Grants have been awarded to:
- Lewis Fire District 2 for open water response equipment
- Lewis Fire District 3 for fire safety
- Lewis County Public Health for Safety City
- Lewis County Public Health for swimming lessons for children
- Mary Bridge Children's Hospital for child window fall prevention
- MultiCare for safe sleep for babies
- NW Infant Survival & SIDS for safe sleep for babies
How to write SMART Objectives
- 2015 Fatal Injury Data
- West Region Fatality & Hospitalization Data
- Suicide Data
- West Region County Hospitalization
- West Region County Fatality Rates
- West Region Fatality & Hospitalizations
- WA Tracking Network is a good resource for data
Investing in Prevention Saves Lives and Money
- Cost of Childhood Injuries
- In 2013, motor vehicle crash deaths resulted in $44 billion in medical and work loss costs.
Resources for Families
Where to Seek Help - early childhood support services in Thurston County.
Child Window Falls Prevention
- Window safety information from MultiCare Mary Bridge Children's Hospital
- Stop at 4 campaign
- Safety information from Safe Kids WA
- Child window fall prevention
- Window safety tips
- Purchase window safety devices at www.safebeginnings.com. Use discount code SKWA for 10 percent off
- Domestic and sexual violence prevention information from WA State Dept of Health. Learn More
- Violence Prevention information from the CDC
- Youth Violence Prevention technical package
- Shared risks and protective factors
Traumatic Brain Injury and Concussion
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Fact Sheet
- TBI management in Children
- Heads Up website and Facebook
- Brain Injury Alliance of WA resources
- TBI Information
Injury Prevention Resources
- WA State injury data tables
- National Violent Death Reporting System data
- WA State Injury and Violence Prevention Guide
- Harborview Injury Prevention and Research
- Resources and information from WA State Dept. of Health.
- The CDC website has a wealth of information on a wide variety of topics.
- FDCARES is a fire dept based injury prevention and community assistance program.
- Prevention works. Success Stories.
- Child Injuries are preventable. Protect the Ones You Love