Emergency Cardiac and Stroke System
Washington's Emergency Cardiac and Stroke System
WA State law created an emergency cardiac and stroke system similar to the state’s trauma system. It is intended to save lives and reduce disability for heart attack, cardiac arrest, and stroke patients. Emergency medical services (EMS) takes patients directly to hospitals that meet care requirements and choose to participate in the system. Current information is available on the WA State Dept of Health website and the Stroke Forum website.
Cardiac and Stroke Resources
- West Region Cardiac and Stroke Plan
- Washington State Prehospital Stroke Triage Destination Procedure
- Washington State Emergency Cardiac and Stroke System
- Washington State Emergency Cardiac and Stroke System Hospital Information including a list of participating facilities.
- News Release from Washington State Dept of Health